Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing configuration (integration of Cisco CM4.2, Nortel 81c and AVAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff1215

Technical User
Aug 21, 2007
US
3 sites:
Site A: Cisco CM 4.2 (212-555-75XX)
Site B: Nortel 81C (212-555-79XX)
Site C: AVAYA (305-666-45XX)

History:
Site A and B are in the same building, connected via PRI link, routing plan had been configured, user can dial to each other directly by 4 digits extension (75XX and 79XX)
Project:
Site A and C have IP connection already, recently, we use voice gateway to connect Site A and C, and configured all site A, B and C.
When Site A user dials 9-1-305-666-45XX, CM will route the call via voice gateway to site C. (Done)
When Site B user dials 9-1-305-666-45XX, Nortel will route the call to CM, and CM will dump all digits to site C via gateway. (Done)
When site C user dials 9-1-212-555-75XX, AVAYA will route the call to site A and dump all 10 digits to Cisco CM. (Done)
When site C user dials 9-1-212-555-79XX, AVAYA will dump all digits to Cisco CM and CM will route it to Nortel. (Failed, fast busy tone on site C)

Troubleshooting:
79XX configured as route pattern in CM. Gateway transmitted all 10 digits number from site C; it may work for site A Cisco CM, but can’t recognize by Nortel.

Question:
Is there anything I need to configure in Nortel PBX to to drop NPA-NXX when received all 10 digits?

I appreciate your help!

It sounds like you are trying to route the calls internally if a user on any of the systems dial the PSTN (DID) number of any user within these systems (keep from tying up pstn trunks and use internal routes)? From what I read here you have two options... setup your Cisco to only send 4 digits to the Nortel or use Incoming Digit Conversion (IDC) on the route that connects to your CM within the Nortel (match the 10 digit to 4 digit extension). Once again, this is if your only trying to route the DID's of your users to the perspective extensions that reside on the Nortel PBX. If your trying to route out of the Nortel then this is not the answer.

Bryan J Miles
Systems Engineer
Service Communications, Inc.

another possible is to build 212-xxx+ as an ldid, that would give you the option to use a dgt table and route it as internal..

if my switch see's 9,434+ from the cisco or avaya, 434+ is my ldid.. so the call stays internal.. on the same hand if i dial 9434+ from the nortel, ldid dgt deletes the 434 and keeps it internal..

that stops users from dialing out and back in for any reason..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John and Bryan!

Can you post an example of the details setting for LDID? Thanks.

In my Nortel setting, I created AC1=9 and SPN 1305666 routing internally to Cisco CM. And we didn't configure LDID for 212973 before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back