Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing calls to another number with Vectoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

slengua

MIS
Jan 22, 2003
US
What I would like is for a call that comes in to a VDN, points to a vector to route to another number. My vector curerntly looks like this
01 announcement 4158
02 goto step 6 if available-agents in skill 16 < 1
03 route-to number 2972 with cov y if unconditionally
04 stop
06 route-to number 8936 with cov y if unconditionally
07 stop

I basically have the agent hit Aux work for group 16 to have the call route to the other number. But the hunt group is not an ACD group. Also at night the user wants to hit send calls and send calls to vmail like regular. They want calls only to route when they hit the aux work button (when they step out to lunch). This works for when they are out to lunch but doesn't work with the send calls feature. Any other way to do this?

slengua:

Can't you work with variables ?
goto vector/step X if var L = 2 (lunch: route-to 8936)
goto vector/step Y if var V = 2 (VoiceMail)
(Make sure that you program the AD buttons directly on the phone of some of the agents)

regards,
Tiramisu

I don't have variables as an option. In addition the user would like some sort of notifiation light that calls are currently being rerouted. This just gets better and better.

What if you set time parameters within your vector to automatically route to a VM box after-hours. For example:
01 announcement 4158
02 goto step 6 if available-agents in skill 16 < 1
03 goto step 8 if time-of-day is all 18:00 to all 8:00
04 route-to number 2972 with cov y if unconditionally
05 stop
06 route-to number 8936 with cov y if unconditionally
07 stop
08 messaging skill xx for extension xxxx
09 stop
This will automatically route calls to a VM box during the times you have set (above example is all days from 6 pm to 8 am). I'm not sure if you can use the VM box of the particular agent, but you can create a VM box for the skill, and setup an aut-msg-wt (auto message waiting) indicator on an unused button on the user's phone.
Sound like you have the lunch session covered. Hope this helps.

Forgot to specify, the aut-msg-wt feature is lit when a message is left in the skill VM box. As far as a button to notify the user calls are being routed, not sure. You can show them the vector, I guess, have them send a test call every 10 minutes if they wish..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back