Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing Calls from a Branch Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcdean

Technical User
Sep 20, 2005
US
I have been given the task to program our systems so that when a user in our branch office (Building 4) dials an outbound call that the call will be routed over our SIP TIE and use the trunks that connected to our main system (Building 2). The PRI that currently goes to the branch office will be removed the first of December. Currently all users in building 4 are using IP sets (1120's).

CS1000M in Building 2 (4.5)
CS1000B in Building 4 (4.5)

We have two routes build out of the CS1000B. Route 50 is a SIP TIE. Route 0 is a PRI. Route 0 is being removed so I need to route all calls over the SIP TIE.

I thought this would be easy, but I must be missing something. As a test I tried to change the below SPN in the CS1000B to the RLI 50, which is our TIE. It did not work.

SPN 954
FLEN 0
RLI 3
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

RLI 3
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUTE 0
TOD 0 on 1 on 2 on 3 on
4 on 5 on 6 on 7 on
VNS NO
CNV NO
FRL 1
DMI 9
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

ISET 0
NALT 5
MFRL 3
OVLL 0

DMI 9
DEL 0
ISPN NO
CTYP NPA

RLI 50
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 50
TOD 0 on 1 on 2 on 3 on
4 on 5 on 6 on 7 on
VNS NO
SCNV NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 0
DMI 0
ISDM 0
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
ISET 0
NALT 5
MFRL 0
OVLL 0

Our AC1 is 8

What is the the best way to accomplish this? Do I need to build another route? Do I need to change anything in the CS1000M? Change anything in NRS?

Thank you,

Dean

The branch needs a route list that will select the TIE route, then insert the AC1 (outside line access) before the dialed call.

It appears your DMI isn't inserting the extra digit for outside lines from the main site.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators - You Can Hire Me Too

If all the phones in building 4 are IP phones and this truely is a branch office system, all the phones should be registered to the main and will use the main Bars/Nars when dialing.

It is possible that the building 4 phones are using Zone Based dialing and sending calls back out the branch. to check this:
LD 117
=> prt zdp

if there is a prefix defined for the branch zone, you can probably find the routing for that in the LD 90/SPN of the main

I added a route list that selects the TIE, then inserts 8 before the call. This did not work.

All the phones are registering back to the Main. I will check LD117.

Thanks,

Dean

I just printed the zdp. Very hard to read. Looks like 5 zones. only one show ENL.

2 BMG_Admin_IPhones_N1112 ENL 10172

Building 2 is N1111
Building 4 is N1112

Is 10172 the SNP?

I printed off the SPN of 101702. I don't really understand where this number comes from.

Here is what I got

The Branch Office - 1000B

SPN 101702
FLEN 0
RLI 57
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

RLI 57
ENTR 0
LTER YES
TOD 0 on 1 on 2 on 3 on
4 on 5 on 6 on 7 on
VNS NO
FRL 0
DMI 57
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
ISET 0
NALT 5
MFRL 0
OVLL 0

DMI 57
DEL 6
ISPN NO
INST 8
CTYP NCHG

The Main Office - CS1000M

SPN 101702
CLTP NONE
RLI 57
SDRR NONE
ITEL NONE

RLI 57
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 50
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
SCNV NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 0
DMI 7
ISDM 0
FCI 0

ISET 0
NALT 5
MFRL 0
OVLL 0

DMI 7
DEL 0
ISPN YES
CTYP NCHG

10172 would be a prefix infront of every network call made (defined by ZACB)by phones in that zone.

print SPN to see if you have a entry for 10172

looking at what you put above in the main office the IP phones for the branch are prefixed using ZDP(ZBR) with 101702 this is routed to the sip and there will be an entry in the NRS of 101702 (Call type Private special) to go to the branch.

If your main office is an E & T you would change the NRS to route 101702 to the T and add a TSC 101702 in the T to del 6 and route to PSTN. If your Main site is an S then just go into LD117 and prt ZDP you should see what you are prefixing (101702) and enter "dis ZBR x" (x is the zone for the branch sets) this will turn off the ZDP (Zone dial plan) for that zone routing as usual using AC1.

Then at the Branch you need to make a change so that all you TDM phones can route out of the main office. This is done in a multitude of ways a simple way is here is one:

user dials AC1 goes to SPN this routes to an RLI that adds a prefix 101701 set call type to SPN for example. In the NRS put an entry of 101701 (private special) pointed at the Main office switch where the trunks reside. In the main office you can add a TSC of 101701 point it to the PSTN and strip the 6 digit prefix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back