Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing Basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

daver56

ISP
Dec 2, 2003
US
I am pretty new to the Norstar, so pls bear with me... I have done routing on other systems but not on the Norstar...

I have pool A which is local lines that have local and area calling (no "1" required).

I have pool B which is LD lines (analog) that I want all long distance (user dials 9+1) to route to (except 800 etc).

I know I can do dial 8 for LD and 9 for local, but had rather have 9 for all calls.

I have MICS 4.0.

I have read through the book, but it can be hard to follow. Terms change so much from vendor to vendor.

Any advice

Thanks in advance.

achuchman,
Why don’t you post it here, you will be able to get feedback on it, fine-tune it and maybe post it as a Faq.

talaphone,

I would love to, but this really is a HUGE document... :)

I do not think I could actually get everything into the forum post.

However, here is a link you can follow to access the document online! :)

ThePhoneGURU and daver56, I will still email the word doc to you.

Oh, one more thing...

No phone in the system has direct line access! This is important to prevent bypassing the destination codes.

senk1s touched this earlier in the post.

Your best bet here is to remove ALL "Appear" from the sets. Just have "Ring" or set-up ringing groups, which, IMHO, are nicer than just setting each phone to ring from a line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back