Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing a call in Symposium 4.2 via the "Route Call" intrinsic

Status
Not open for further replies.

sloopy

MIS
Jan 20, 2003
US

As the NTP (Symposium Call Center Server Scripting Guide) suggests use the following syntax:

ROUTE CALL <dn>

where <dn> is the directory number to which you want the call routed. This can be any dialable number such as an ACD-DN or a personal DN.

When trying to route to an ACD-DN with the MAXP field set to 1 and the NCFW field set to our VMX system I get an error message stating:

We're sorry but the number you are trying to call is invalid. Which is a VMX message.

Although I have set the &quot;Route Call&quot; intrinsic to my personal DN and it works fine. (FYI: I did verify that the mailbox was set up properly on the VMX system)

Am I missing something? Any suggestions helpfull. Thanks.

What happens when you dial the ACDN number - does it work correctly?

Change the ncfw to a phone with a display - watch the display - there may be a number presented that needs to be defined in your VMX system

When dialing the ACD-DN I get the (Octel) voicemail as expected.

Next I changed the NCFW field in the ACD-DN to say my extension and then dialed the ACD-DN, it goes to my DN and then to voicemail as expected.

Although when I route the call to the same ACD-DN in my symposium script I get a &quot;we're sorry please check the number you dialed and dial again&quot; message.

...Still confused....

Is there another way to directly route calls out of a Symposium script to a VMX box (Octel voicemail)?

If you are trying to get the voice mail to answer your call from Symposium,
&quot;When trying to route to an ACD-DN with the MAXP field set to 1 and the NCFW field set to our VMX system I get an error message stating:

We're sorry but the number you are trying to call is invalid. Which is a VMX message.&quot;

Did you build a mail box in the Octel voicemail system with the same DN as the Dummy ACD queue that is NCFW to VMX the system. The Queue pass's the DN to the Octel, the Octel looks up the DN and finds a voice mail box which it should route the call to. Any way thats the way it works on Meridian Mail....... norm from MBH Md.

I had the same issue here and was advised to have the variable set as a DN. Works fine now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back