Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing 2 traffic using 1 Cisco 4505

Status
Not open for further replies.

strtrk88

IS-IT--Management
Mar 15, 2010
US
I've been up all night trying to figure this out...I got two dedicated WAN lines (WAN 1 & WAN 2) into a network I'm working with.

WAN 1 line: cisco router connected to a T1 line, has a static ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 x.x.x.x that leads to an interface that has an ip assigned to it on my core Cisco 4505.

The core Cisco 4505 has a static route, 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 x.x.x.x that leads to the ASA.

The core is connected to a ASA 5520 to do it's firewall job. There are 3 static routes in the ASA, with one of them being 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 WAN2 address.

WAN 2 line: cisco router, leads to a different T1 line network.

We have a private network that is connected to the ASA5520 that we need to get the traffic, 192.168.0.0, out to WAN 1.

What configurations do I need to add in order to allow traffic from WAN 1 to talk to the private network and not cause an internal loop?

can you post a drawing of your topology?? it's kind of difficult to follow

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

We have figured everything out. We had to use Port Address Translation (PAT) on an IP to get the outside line to communicate within.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back