Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Router with the bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gham

IS-IT--Management
Oct 13, 2003
SA
Hi,

i have 3 routers A, B and C. Router A is connected to Roter B with 256 Kbps DDN link and router A is connected to the router C with 256 Kbps VSAT link and router B is connected to router C with Cisco wireless aironet 340.

i want to devide the traffic from Router A to the LAN in C router location through the both routers B and C. VoIP will use the VSAT and Data will use DDN ( C router ) and i want to make backup VSAT will be Backup for the DDN how i can do it.

if the wireless link down how the Ethernet will still up between the bridge and router B how traffic will EIGRP will know the link is down to move Data through the VSAT.

Hi

Any Help Me?

I am looking for your help.

no body knos about my problem???

no body knows about my problem???

Try this:

Use a route map to force VoIP traffic down the VSAT link.

Set the EIGRP to use the DDN link in preference to the VSAT, this way any traffic not passed via the route map will use the DDN link. You can alter the EIGRP path by adding delay on the interface.

EIGRP will automatically re-route via VSAT if the DDN link fails.

if the wireless link down how the Ethernet will still up between the bridge and router B how traffic will EIGRP will know the link is down to move Data through the VSAT.

If the Wireless link between B and C fails then router C drops its EIGRP neighbour relationship with B. The network then re-converges, router C will learn about LAN B and A from the VSAT link.

To make this work connect the Wireless bridge's into their own Ethernet ports in router C and B, seperate from the site LAN ports.

if the wireless going down the router will dont know about because the ethernet between the bridge and router will still up. only link between anttina will be down.

so the problem will still the EIGRP will dont know about router if going down.

Your right, the Ethernet will still be up. But as the Wireless link has failed, the EIGRP Hello messages will not flow across that link, then EIGRP will use the other link.

When hellow message will happen?

there is no any new devices.

EIGRP will generate hello messages. The timer for these messages is configuable. When the wireless link drops the routers will recompute the route to the destination. and send packets accordingly.
\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back