Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

router will not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

dddtran

Technical User
Aug 31, 2001
US
The router will not boot at all- just outputs that it can not load from flash...and goes into the rommon1> prompt..with the help command, i can't seem to make it so it boots up from new again, not even the confreg****. Is there anyway to wipe out the whole system and start again...maybe a jumper setting? maybe remove some hardware? WHat can be done? Please let me know if anyone has run into this problem..Thank you

There are a few things to try here.

1. To manually boot from Flash memory, use the following command in ROM Monitor mode

boot flash [filename]
boot flash partition-number:[filename]
boot flash flash:[ partition-number:] [filename]
boot [flash-fs:][partition-number:][filename]
(Cisco1600 series and Cisco3600 series)
boot device:[filename] (Cisco
7000 family)

2. check out these sites.

Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

Thank you..I will try it..how do i know what is the right file name, partionion # etc...I should be in the office monday morning to try it..is there other troubleshooting commands within the rommon> that i can do in order to send out to you guys so you will know excatly where and what is the problem? Thanks again.

The file name will be the IOS image you need to download from CCO and or have it on disk. Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

I do not have the CCO password..could anyone email the file via email? Thanks

ddd0992@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back