Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

router that will except a usb input from the dsl modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbymelvin

Programmer
Jan 2, 2003
US
I have a satellite DSL modem that connects to my computer via a USB cable. It only has the USB connecting ability. I am looking for a router that will except a USB input from the pipeline modem! I then want to connect my two computers via a fast/ethernet cable to the router and set up a network. Do you know of a router that has the USB input feature?

I'm not aware of any (doesn't mean there aren't any, though :)).

Most routers only have a USB port for configuration, not bi-directional communications. You'd be better off swapping out the DSL modem for a DSL router - then all PCs could share it without any additional configuration.

However, you could purchase a switch/hub and share the internet connection via ethernet.

Hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Actiontec's Dual-Mode Cable/DSL Router

check this router
may be , it will help you

has a router like that (Vigor2200USB) which we use here with great success, it really does the job well and is very stable (never crashed or needed a restart, but then again I'd be unhappy if I had to on a piece of hardware).

The router was only designed to handle 2 modem brands when we bought ours but they may well support others now.

Thanks everyone for your help. After further research I have found that there is no router that will suit my needs. The Vigor is the closest one to what I need but they currently do not support my modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back