Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

router/modem help, PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPNbaritoneOSU

Programmer
Dec 15, 2004
US
I have a network set up in my house through a router that is then connected to a DSL modem. My sons would like to play a game over the internet on a particular sever together, but they cannot because they are using the same IP address to connect to the internet. Is there a way to change the way IP addresses are sent out through the router and/or modem so that each individual computer has its own IP address on the internet??

Thanks for all your help you may bring, any suggestions are welcome. Happy Holidays as well!!!

you need to NAT, you give your router the primary address that you receive from your provider and then use internal IPs for your computers. I know w/my provider you have to also make the router have the MAC address too. I use a linksys router for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back