Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

router lockup every monday...any ideas please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mshen

Technical User
May 29, 2001
AU
hi there,

i got a small home network connected to the net via an adsl router.

it looks like the router locks up on mondays between 6.00pm-8.00pm.

the dsl connection light stays on, but it wont do dhcp or ping. turn off and back on will make it work again.

i got the router replaced. but the new one which is a different version stiill does the same.

any ideas?

many thanks in advanced.

mike

it sounds to me like that is the time in which your isp is reassigning your ip address for the week. I would call them to confirm that. I would also wonder what os you are running on your pcs.

Jellybean1327

Here's another possibility I suspect:
SBC Global seems to "rotate" it's DNS server names. If you aren't able to connect to a DNS anymore, then none of the lookups you attempt will work: there is no service to translate them.

Sound logical?

Here's another possibility I suspect:
SBC Global seems to "rotate" it's DNS server names. If you aren't able to connect to a DNS anymore, then none of the lookups you attempt will work: there is no service to translate them.

Sound logical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back