Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Route unknown DN's to Reception 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmail2

Programmer
Jun 15, 2005
IE
I'm new to Call Manager, so my knowledge at the moment is pretty basic. We just moved over from a Meridian system, where, if an external call came in for a DN that didn't exist, it would automatically go to operator. However, Call Manager doesn't do that. Does anybody know if it's possible to do this?

Thanks in advance

Irish Poetry - Karen O'Connor
Get your Irish Poetry Published
Garten und Landschaftsbau

If you put ! as a translation pattern, then put the destination you want unrecognised calls to go to in "Called Party Transform Mask", then all unrecognised calls will go there.

Use something just like your extensions. For example if all your extensions are 4 digit that start with a 4, use 4XXX, if they start with 3 use 3XXX. If you have both, you can try [34]XXX, but I'm not sure that works in a TP. As samven said, put your Receptionists number in the Called Party Transformation Mask.
The problem with ! is it matches EVERYTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back