Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

route to route connectivity 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wachange

Technical User
Jan 27, 2006
SO
I have VSATs connection to MD110 and I would like interconnect the two such that customers on route 1 can dial to the route 2 clients and communicate without passing the operator.

If I understood you right, people will be calling external from route 1 into the MD and you want them to connect to another external number through route 2? If that is the tuition and if u have access to ALEX you can use the DISA function which allows an external caller to call an MD extension and from there you can dial and external number through that extension,,,,,,,,there are other ways of doing this,,,,,,let me know if you need another way.

Enjoy

TeleLion;
Thanks, if I put in some details; I have two VSAT routes from different providers. The clients on route 1 would like to dial directly to clients on route 2. Route 2 is a global network interconnection of MD110 in so many countries while route 1 connects the clients within one country but are connected to MD110 via the VSAT. Send me more options that you be having.
regards
Wachange

you need a privite network router PNR , read about this in ALEX it's simple and could be done only via MD110 coomands

the PNR is the code for every PBX located in every countrey and it's used to dial using your VSAT routes, Question: are you connected via ISDN Qsig or another Tech.?
because i have done this but via WAN instead of VSAT.

East Or West Google Is The Best

Define a common abrivation code(ABB) to get route 2. (ADCOI). Give command RORNI to reroute the call to this ABB. But important both can not be analog lines.

VMPOP;
Thanks for your good answer. Actually, I would appreciate the configurations that you have done although my setup is different.
Route 1 on my PABX has a number scheme with 7 digits. A caller from a remote site dials the number directly then it is answered by operator.
Route 2 on my PABX is 8 digit private network interconnecting different locations via the headquaters with DID facilities where you dial location code followed by the extension of the person you wish to speak to as: (XXXX+extension)
The idea iam looking for is to allow remote clients on route 1 to call users directly in route 2 network just the same way an extension on the MD110 will dial to any extension within the network.

If you are in a postion to give an example of your configs, please, i will appreciate.

Thanks
Wachange

What are your two routes ISDN, CAS, CCS, APNSS? or are they normal analogue trunks?

Telelion
My line are ordinary analogue telephone lines through the FXS card of the VSAT in door unit. I think for PNR to work I may need to change them to ISDN; what is your suggestion?

Thanks
Rgd
Wachange

Telelion;
Mine are just ordinary trunks; I think it will be necessary to organize with service provider if such features has to be activated, What do you think about it...., please advice

Wachange

hey Telelion
i advice you to use ISDN instead of analog to get the different Nodes you want.
and i guess there's a way to do this using analog but i searched alot without any clue.

cheers

VMPOP;
It looks a great idea to PNR, is possible to share your configs as an example in this case. In other words can you share the cofigs.
Thanks
Wachange

VMPOP;
It looks a great idea to PNR, is possible to share your configs as an example in this case. In other words can you share the configs.
Thanks
Wachange

PNR is used for routing of outgoing external private network calls i.e. calls terminating in the own private network. The function is the same as with basic routing, but PNR enables a lot more destinations to be stated as entry to routing.

In addition to this, PNR enables each destination to have two route choices with enhanced number translation. One route choice can have a PRE of maximum 10 digits, and the other a PRE of maximum 16 digits. This is often sufficient for routing through the public network.

This means that the system is able to handle much bigger numbering plans by using PNR.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PNR structure

PNR is basically a preprocessor to the existing basic routing software. The pre-process consists of two tables where the dialled number leads to a prefix, which in turn addresses a Route Choice Table (RCT).
Basic routing uses the dialled number directly to address an RCT.

An RCT is all the route choices for a (fictitious) destination. Each route choice uses one destination data record. The route choices are initiated with the command RODDI .

The first PNR table is the PNR Destination Number Table (PR DNT). This is a table with 1500 entries where an entered destination (parameter ENTRY) will result in an index (parameter FRCT) to the next table, the fictitious RCT.
Also the enhanced number translation data are stored in the PR DNT, two sets per destination.

The prefix stored in the fictitious RCT is used to address an RCT. The prefix is used by itself as a destination, it is not used for prefixing.

The purpose of the fictitious RCT is to restrict the addressing of the RCTs.

The purpose with restricting the addressing of the RCTs is that RCTs are taken from the common pool of 2500 destination data records that PNR shares with LCR and basic routing. An RCT may consist of up to 8 linked route choices, where each route choice uses one destination data record ( RODDI :DEST=,CHO=).

With PNR, one RCT may be used by many entries in the PR DNT. Because of this possibility of efficient utilization of the RCTs there should be enough destination data records for all (PNR, LCR and basic routing) if the PNR-configuration (and LCR-configuration) is well planned. This will be shown in the examples below.

The PNR data tables are administered by the command group LC and data is set, deleted or printed using the LCDDI /E/P commands where the parameter TAB is set to either PNR or RCT.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prerequisites
Initiate the external destination number series using the command NANSI :

NANSI :NUMTYP=ED,NUMSE=85024;
NANSI :NUMTYP=ED,NUMSE=85040;
These external destination numbers will be used to address the PNR access code in the PR DNT.

If the market dependent parameter (MDP) NONADESTCHECK is set to Check is made, the prefix in the fictitious RCT must be initiated as an external destination number. This MDP states if the destination is to be checked in the number analysis or not.

NANSI :NUMTYP=ED,NUMSE=0123;
This external destination number is used by PNR to address an RCT. It is necessary to initiate it in the number analysis in order to be able to initiate it as a destination in the external analysis.

Initiate the external destination number series for PSTN access using the command NANSI :

NANSI :NUMTYP=ED,NUMSE=00;
This external destination is required for overflow to the PSTN, when the dialled number is translated into a public number.

Outgoing routes must be assigned.
In the following examples ROU=50 is a tie line route and ROU=20/30 are public external line routes.

Execution
Example 1, initiation of a tie line route

Initiate a route between the location Karlskrona (KA) and the locations Bollmora (BO) and Sundbyberg (SG).
(HF is Huvudfabriken, a transit exchange near BO/SG.)
The route in this example is a single tie line route.

Initiate the PNR access code for BO and SG. The same FRCT may be used for both BO and SG as they are both reached using the same route. Using the same FRCT means that they will share the same RCT.
FRCT may be assigned any value between 1 and 64, X is used in this example.

LCDDI :TAB=PNR,ENTRY=85024,FRCT=X;
LCDDI :TAB=PNR,ENTRY=85040,FRCT=X;

Result:

Table 7-1 PR DNT - PNR Destination Number Table ENTRY PRE TRC PRE TRC FRCT
85024 X
85040 X

Initiate the data in position X in the fictitious route choice table for PNR.
The digits 0123 are used as prefix (external destination).

Note: RCT in the LCDDI command is only used as a parameter to distinguish this table from the other tables handled by the LCDDI command.

LCDDI :TAB=RCT,FRCT=X,PRE=0123;

Result:

Initiate the RCT in the external analysis.

RODDI :DEST=0123,ROU=50,SRT=5;
The SRT value depends on how the numbering plan in the network is set up. If the composed number is passing a transit exchange, the whole number may be sent, and the decision of the further routing is made in that same transit exchange.

Result:

Now the single tie line route between KA and BO/SG is initiated. If the user dials 85024 or 85040 followed by the extension number, the system will select route 50 for the completion of the call. The digits sent to the co-operating exchange will be either 24xxx or 40xxx.

Example 2, initiation of an alternative route

Add a public alternative to the single tie line route between the location Karlskrona (KA) and the locations Bollmora (BO) and Sundbyberg (SG).

In this case the private numbers 85024 and 85040 will be translated individually.

The national public directory number for Bollmora is 08-682xxxx and for Sundbyberg 08-764xxx, where 08 is the area code and the following digits is the subscriber number (location code + directory number).

Add an alternative RCT.
No editing information (PRE/TRC) is assigned with RODDI , instead a flag in the route choice indicates that this information will be found in the PNR destination table, under the PNR access code that was used to address the present RCT. The flag is: D 16 is set to 1 in the ADC parameter. The 1 also refers to set 1 in the PR DNT.

RODDI :DEST=0123,ROU=50,SRT=5; (initiated earlier)
RODDI :DEST=0123,ROU=30,SRT=3,CHO=1,ADC=000000000000025100000;

Result:

Update the PNR access code with the individual number translation information (set 1) for the BO and SG locations.

LCDDI :TAB=PNR,ENTRY=85024,FRCT=X,TRC=3,PRE=000868;
LCDDI :TAB=PNR,ENTRY=85040,FRCT=X,TRC=3,PRE=000876;

Result:

PR DNT - PNR Destination Number Table ENTRY PRE TRC PRE TRC FRCT
85024 000868 3 X
85040 000876 3 X

Now the public choice is initiated. With alternative routing the route 30 is selected. The number translation information is found in the PR DNT (set 1) as indicated by D 16 in the ADC parameter.

If the user dials 85024/85040 followed by an extension directory number, and meet congestion at the ordinary choice, the system selects route 30 for completion of the call. The digits sent out to the co-operating exchange will be either 08682xxxx or 08764xxxx as indicated by set 1 of individual number translation information.

Example 3, initiation of a second alternative route

Add a second alternative to the single tie line route between the location Karlskrona (KA) and the locations Bollmora (BO) and Sundbyberg (SG).

In this example a second set of individual number translation data is assigned to the private numbers 85024 and 85040. As there is no second network between KA and BO/SG in real life, the symbolic national PDN NNNNNN is used in this example.

Add a second alternative RCT.
No editing information (TRC/PRE) is assigned with RODDI , instead a flag in the route choice indicates that this information will be found in the PNR destination table, under the PNR access code that was used to address the present RCT.
The flag is: D 16 is set to 2 in the ADC parameter. The 2 also refers to set 2 in the PR DNT.

RODDI :DEST=0123,ROU=50,SRT=5; (initiated earlier)
RODDI :DEST=0123,ROU=30,SRT=3,CHO=1,ADC=xxxxxxxxxxxxx251xxxxx; (initiated earlier)
RODDI :DEST=0123,ROU=20,SRT=3,CHO=2,ADC=xxxxxxxxxxxxx252xxxxx;

Result:

Update the PNR access code with the individual number translation information (set 2) for the BO and SG locations.

LCDDI :TAB=PNR,ENTRY=85024,FRCT=X,TRC=3,PRE=000868,TRC1=N,PRE1=NNNNNN;
LCDDI :TAB=PNR,ENTRY=85040,FRCT=X,TRC=3,PRE=000876,TRC1=N,PRE1=NNNNNN;

Result:
PR DNT - PNR Destination Number Table ENTRY PRE TRC PRE TRC FRCT
85024 000868 3 N X
85040 000876 3 N X

Now the second choice is initiated. With alternative routing the route 20 is selected. The number translation information is found in the PR DNT (set 2) as indicated by D 16 in the ADC parameter.

If the user dials 85024/85040 followed by an extension directory number, and meet congestion at both the ordinary choice and the first alternative choice, the system selects route 20 for completion of the call. The digits sent out to the co-operating exchange will be either NNNNNNxxxx or NNNNNNxxxx as indicated by set 2 of individual number translation information.

I wish this could help you, sorry i was out for a training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back