Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Route to another number if no answer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

inter778

Technical User
May 26, 2009
BG
Hi,

We are using Definity S8400 and in the moment we are transfering calls with "route-to number" rule to an external number.

The question is - is it possible that if the opposite side is busy or doesn't answer after let's say 3 rings, the call is routed to another number ?

Thanks

Hi inter778.

Of course, you can do this.

First of all, you should check if you can enable Coverage of calls redirected Off-Net with "change system-parameters coverage-forwarding".

Standard remote coverage allows you to send a call to an external number but does not monitor the call once it leaves your system.

After that, you define in "change coverage remote table" an entrie with your external number. Remember the remote code for the field (ex: r01, r33...).

To end, you create a coverage path and type the points and configure the coverage criteria.

I hope it can help you.

Regards,

Hi, Jaimediez and thanks for your post.

1. I've enabled Coverage of calls redirected Off-Net.
2. I've added the two numbers in change coverage remote 1 as 1 and 2 line.
3. I've added coverage path 2 , with point 1 r1 and point 2 r2, number of rings and rng is 2 and Busy and don't answer are checked.

I'm trying to forward it to the first number with route-to "first number" with cov y if unconditionaly , but it doesn't seems to work.

What am I doing wrong ?

Hi Inter778,

Have you EAS (Expert Agent Selection) enable in your system?

There are two differents answers if it´s enabled or not.

Regards,

Spanish VoIP engineer.(Avaya, Cisco and Asterisk)

Then you should create an hunt-group with the created coverage path and you configure it in route-to field number.

Regards,

Spanish VoIP engineer.(Avaya, Cisco and Asterisk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back