Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Route Pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJB01

MIS
Nov 18, 2002
GB
We are least cost routing via the dialling of a 0800 number

I have set it up and all works fine except I would like to add a # at the the end of the number called (This speeds up the connection)
EG
I from my handset I call 9,08755556666 and the ars analisys dials

0800 123 4567,08755556666
what I would prefer is it dials
0800 123 4567,08755556666#

How do I insert a digit after the number.

I don't claim to be an ARS expert, but since the ARS digit insert feature only adds leading digits, couldn't you create this as a personal or system abbreviated dial entry with the "#" at the end of the dial string?

You might want to check the settings on the T1 trunk group that the calls are being routed over. I am not sure what type of T1 you are using, but on page two of our tie lines, there is a setting titled "Suppress # Outpulsing". If this is set to 'y', the switch will suppress the '#'. If this is set to 'n', the switch will add a '#' to the end of the number dialed.

When we switched to a different long distance provider, we had to change this setting on all of our T1's to 'y' in order to avoid problems with our providers network when dialing internationally.

Please let me know if this helps or not.

Josh

Setup your route pattern to only accept 15 digits. If you have your route to have a min of 11 and max of 18 and you only put in 15, the pbx is waiting for the total of 18 or #, whichever comes first. If you have it only accepting the min and max of the # of digits you are dialing then the call will go out after the last digit is typed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back