Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Route pattern using 2nd preference when 1st is available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2007
US
I'm having an intermittent problem where calls will go out through our 2nd trunk even though the 1st one is not full and is available.

This only happens on international calls (even though the route pattern is identical to the one for local calls) and seems to happen around peak times. I've been running reports and they don't show any reason that the first trunk would be unavailable. I managed to catch it once on a list trace st and there was no denial event, the call tried the first preference and then after a few seconds went to the second preference.

I think it is on the service providers side and I have them investigating. Could it be their switch not responding quickly enough to setup the call? Is their somewhere I can tell the PBX to wait longer?

We're on CM5.

Sean

Check the FRL on the first choice trunk group.

Kevin

It's definitely not the FRL. All our stations use the same COR which has FRL=7 and all the route patterns use FRLs of 7.

Yes, this is the route pattern for international but bear in mind that this is only an intermittent problem. I can call the same international number 20 times and it might only go out the 2nd trunk once.

display route-pattern 1
Pattern Number: 1 Pattern Name: Default
SCCAN? n Secure SIP? n
Grp FRL NPA Pfx Hop Toll No. Inserted DCS/ IXC
No Mrk Lmt List Del Digits QSIG
Dgts Intw
1: 5 7 n user
2: 1 7 n user
3: 4 7 n user
4: 10 7 n user
5: n user
6: n user

BCC VALUE TSC CA-TSC ITC BCIE Service/Feature PARM No. Numbering LAR
0 1 2 M 4 W Request Dgts Format
Subaddress
1: y y y y y n n rest next
2: y y y y y n n rest next
3: y y y y y n n rest none
4: y y y y y n n rest none
5: y y y y y n n rest none
6: y y y y y n n rest none

look in aar and digit conversion. also it could be the way the call is tagged in the route pattern.

What happens if you build a test route pattern with just the 1st choice and place the same call and who is the service provider in question here?

The service provider is BT. They now say that the problem is on their network. That they're getting "no channel available" when trying to connect the call with the incumbent service providers network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back