Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Route pattern Time delay 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenpen

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2004
US
I am a newbie in ccm. I integrated a CCM with an AVAYA G3R. My operators are on the G3R and I need to configure the "0" route pattern in CCM to reach my G3R. I did it but it appears that CCM has a time delay of about 12 seconds (wainting for more digits I guess) before it routes the call. How can I configure the "0" route pattern to bypass this time delay?

what other route patterns do you have beginning with "0"?

also do you require your users to dial "9" to dial out on toll/off network calls?

and is there a 4 digit extension on the operator phones/consoles?

have a few things you can do depending on these answers

There are no other route patterns with "0". The users needs to dial "9" to reach my AVAYA G3R PBX for outbound calls. If I dial a "0" on a cisco phone, CCM reaches the tie trunk to the G3R but waits about 12 seconds to pass the "0" which eventually gets me to the operators. I hope this help.

hmmm thats odd, if the route pattern you created "0" points to the tie trunk to the avaya, and its the only pattern beginning with "0", CM should immediately extend the call with no delay at all

and if teh pattern you created is "90" and you have other patterns that begin with "9)" ie "9011XXXXXXXXXXX" thats why you have teh delay. i would change that pattern to just "0"

or you can create a translation pattern for "0" pointing it to a DN that exists on teh operator phone/console on the avaya. This also should extens teh call immediately

Good Idea, I will verify if the "0" on the AVAYA PBX is set up to route to a VDN and try a translation to that VDN on the CCM side. Thanks for the suggestion! I will keep you informed of the results!

what is your route pattern for 0 - is its 0! ? Check the T302 timer ,I think, it is the inter digit time out

iptuser you nail it on the head! I was able to bring down the inter digits timeout. My route pattern for 0 is "0", I tried 0! but it did not work. I still have like a 5 second delay but I will try using a translation to see if it works. Thanks for your help!

You need to be aware of any other apps which use Inter-digit timers- i.e Voice Mail. If a user delays entering a digit then you may cut them off as the delay of them entering the digits may be longer then the Timer- It is a case off a trade off

The T302 timer change is just a band-aid for your problem
Creating more granular route patterns is the best way to alleviate your issue

I got you! let me ask you this; if a user dials "0", how can I point that 0 to pass extension 12345. I tried translations and masking but it did not work. If I dial "0#" I get the avaya operator inmediately. I need to find a way to make this happen automatically.

make a trans pattern "0"
discard digits "none"
called party transform mask "12345"
should def work - i just tried it successfully

also i did a trans pattern for "0."
discard digits "pre-dot"
called party transform mask "12345"
also worked

our operator DN is 2700
so for my office i set it up as:
trans pattern "0"
discard digits "none"