Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Route an additional block of IPs to Firewall ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicrjm

IS-IT--Management
May 13, 2005
US
I have 2 blocks of IP Addresses, /29 and /27 networks. I am using an Adtran Total Access 612 router that connects to my Watchguard Firewall. The /29 network is currently connected to my Watchguard’s external interface. I will be configuring an additional interface on the Watchguard for the additional block of IP address I received from my T1 provider (/27). How to I route the additional block of IP Addresses to an additional external interface on my watchguard with only one network card on the Adtran Total Access 612? Is it as simple as connecting a patch cable from the Adtran to a switch then patch cables from a switch to the external interfaces on my Watchguard firewall?

why not just add that IP block on to your external interface as a secondary networks on your external interface? one interace, but two ip blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back