Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rounded login box 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mturner

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2001
GB
HI, hopefully this should be a simple one, does any one know how to set the logon screen so its more 2kish ie hasnt got the rounded edges etc??
Many thanks

Marc

Start, Run, control userpasswords2
Click the Advanced tab, and check the box on the bottom to force a secure logon.

that is how it already is, i mean how would i get the ctrl alt delete box to be less xpish, eg do the edges arnt rounded, i know its petty but there you go!
cheers
Marc

Check first:

Then:

Start, Run, regedit

At these two keys -

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ThemeManager

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ThemeManager

There is a key in the right-hand pane that need to be changed so that NO visual style is applied at the startup logon.

The key is called ThemeActive, and by default it's value is 1 - to apply visual styles at the logon screen, all you need to do is change this value to 0 so NO visual style is applied to the logon screen.

Are you talking about using the Windows Classic Folders?

Go to START - CONTROL PANEL - FOLDER OPTIONS. Under the General Tab click "Use Windows classic folders", then OK.

Not quite the same as W2k, but less cartoonish.

Right click on My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced under Performance click on settings and select Adjust for best performance. That should help

Further to this can anyone help me get a screen shot of the Windows XP Classic log on screens. IE the Ctrl, Alt, Delete screen on first boot up and then the actual logon screen. I need this for a User Procedure that must be fool proof!! Help???

Under Google, choose Images rather than the default Web search, "XP logon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back