Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Round <> FormatCurrency

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLowder

Programmer
Mar 20, 2002
round(0.125,2) <> formatcurrency(0.125)

Why didn't I get the memo? I always thought .005 went up but not with round. I can't believe I'm just now finding this out (or maybe I just forgot). I guess as long as the code is consistant it doesn't matter. I mostly use formatcurrency but was writing a new function and happened to use round. I saw the numbers weren't matching with another function calculating the same numbers. Anyway I thought I would throw this out here in case someone else went all these years without ever noticing.

Here's the memo -

Tom

Hmm, well the memo went out 6 years ago, so...

Hmm, well the memo went out 6 years ago, so...

:)

I think I saw that link posted here once before also.

We may have mentioned this a few times before in this forum ...

thread222-1029669
thread222-1406478
thread222-1188645
thread222-1245308
thread222-846849

etc :)

Yeah, I figured it had been mentioned here, a few times. :) I searched the subject for "round" in this forum only, and it only returned 3 non relevant results. Searching for "rounding" is much better.

Tom

[laughtears][lol][rofl][rofl2][rofl3]

-George
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
My Blogs
SQLCop
"The great things about standards is that there are so many to choose from." - Fortune Cookie Wisdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back