Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Round corner rectangle 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShyFox

Programmer
Mar 22, 2003
ES
Hy
How can I make a form to have round corners. I know it's an API and I know I've encountered it in VB but I don't remember it.
Please help
Regards

As I go deeper the road seems to go further. We're just simply pasangers on the road of knowledge.

Hi Mike,

I indeed see familiar names on this list. Will try to check this forum on a regular basis, but most of the time, I hang out on the VFP newsgroups on the MS newsservers and our own Forum.

Ttyl,

Eric

Hi ShyFox,

If you are upgrading to VFP8 then there is no need to look for these. If you convert the existing pojects to VFP8 and just do a recomiplation. You will find the forms and pageframs corner are rounded !. You can follow the windows themes in VFP8.

:)

ramani :)
(Subramanian.G)

Ramani
Indeed I have FoxPro 8.0. But it's my licence! My workplace has FoxPro 7.0.
That's why I want to be able to create a rectangle with round corners.
And your CreateEllipticRgn() function can't create Round Rectangles.
Regards

As I go deeper the road seems to go further. We're just simply pasangers on the road of knowledge.

ShyFox,
Try this:

Declare Integer SetWindowRgn in user32 ;
Long nhWnd, Long hRgn, Long bRedraw

Declare Long CreateRoundRectRgn in GDI32 ;
Integer nLeft, Integer nTop, ;
Integer nRight, Integer nBottom, ;
Integer nWidthEllipse, Integer nHeightEllipse

x = 10
hRegion = CreateRoundRectRgn(x, x, ;
ThisForm.Width-x, ThisForm.Height-x, 35, 35)
SetWindowRgn(ThisForm.hWnd, hRegion, .T.)

-- AirCon --

AirCon (IS/IT--Manageme)

Thank you.
Star.

All (that participated to these thread)
First I thank you all for trying to help. I apreciate that.
Maybe some of you still think that a good program will allways capture the attention without having a fancy interface. I agree. But think: if a program is good for the sector that it's designed and you add an ergonomic and fancy interface you will end with more costumers. The design of the apps can't be ignored anymore. Those 'software hunters' will allways look for a program that does it's job at it's very best level and gives a nice look.
You all like flowers. Why?
Even Microsoft enhanced it's OS's with a nice look (still I like Mac OS - Jaguar) ;0)
Of course the support for the basic windows interface will be there. But every company has now aystems with at least Pentium 500Mhz, 32MB RAM, 3 Gb HD, and a videocard with 8MB RAM my interface will surely work.
Regards

AirCon (IS/IT--Manageme)
Could you tell me how make only the upper corners of the window round?
Like a windows xp style window.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back