Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rookie question about users voicemail on VM Pro 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus63

Technical User
Mar 16, 2004
US
I can't figure out what is going on. R11.0 W/VM Pro
If an internal party calls Ext 8556 call goes through the Ext and rings the phone. (Normal operation)
When you call the Ext 8556 DID number the call goes direct to the users VM box.
I checked forwarding tab NO info in any of the boxes and everything is unchecked.
I looked at the incoming call route. Destination is Ext 8556. Same as everyone else.
The phone never rings is just receives missed call info and the VM message light comes on when the caller leaves a VM.
I tried watching the call in Status and it just goes to VM Box on the first ring.
I even unchecked the user's voicemail On box on the voicemail tab and the call still goes to that mailbox.
I have reset the system and voicemail server. No change.
What am I over looking?

Not sure if this will work, but just had a very similar issue with a client. I first tried deleting/saving and then recreated the user thinking something was corrupt with the user. That did not fix the issue. I then deleted (saved), then recreated the incoming call route to that user. That fixed it. Client is also on R11, might be a bug. It only happened to 1 user out of 75.

I'll try that and let you all know.

Ok that was the issue. I had removed the user. Then redirected the DID to make sure the call now went to a different user and calls were happing correctly. Then I rebuilt the user and change the Incoming call route the the user and it works.
Thanks Telecomboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back