Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rookie asks: Administration Server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ydwor

Technical User
Nov 5, 2003
ES
Hi,

after playing a while with Domino 6.5, can anyone tell me the significance of the Administration Server in Domino??

U can assign it to a database, but sometimes if u do, it shuts down access to the database??

Thanx

Hi,
can you clarify what does exactly mean "U can assign it to a database, but sometimes if u do, it shuts down access to the database??" ?

Hello,

In the Access Control List there´s an "advanced" form. Here I can specify an Administration Server for the Db, or simply that it has none. If I don´t specify any Administration Server, there are no problems opening the Db. If I do specify a Domino Server as the Administration Server for the Db, at the following intent to open it, it tells me something about not having any authorization rights to access the Db.

The Help file explains something about assigning an Administration Server to the Db if u wanna run the Administration Process. Still I don´t understand... Without it the security settings (ACL) are not applied? If so, why default the Db hasn´t an Administration Server assigned?

Hope u can help me out... Thanx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back