Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rommon won't go away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichiro05

Technical User
May 25, 2004
US
I need help with my router. It will not come out of Rommon. I don't know how it got into the rommon mode but now i cannot get it out.

this doesn't help. i need more help. it wont leave rommon mode.

did you change the registry back to 0x2142
with the (rommon>confreg 0x2142) command and then restarted the router.

Don't use 0x2142 as config register setting or the router will not load its startup config after it boots up, rather use 0x2102. 0x2142 is used mostly when doing password recovery procedure. Also if you have older router like 2500 series, entering "i" should get your router out of rommon. "boot" is mostly for newer routers

Peter Mesjar
CCNP, A+ certified
pmesjar@centrum.sk

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

The 2500 series routers use a different cpu type and they are motorola, when you get rommon it is telling me that you have a risc based cpu and we are probably dealing with 2600 or 3600 series, it seems like you have lost your IOS, do you know how to load the IOS? if you do reload the IOS and it should be fine, 0x2142 or 0x2102 wont help you at all.

nabrik
Dual ccie 12410
narbik@earthlink.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back