Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RolmPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdm

Technical User
Jun 2, 2014
US
Hi All,

I am a telephony enthusiast who enjoys working with older systems and creating functioning historical type exhibits. I am great with AT&T and NT but I would really like to start working with Rolm and Siemens systems, specifically ones that will work with the RolmPhones (like the 240 or 400). The problem I have, is that it is difficult to find documentation.

I would like to ask the forum a few things. Is there a source of documentation for these older systems where I might learn how to put together a system with spare parts? Is there any recommendation of which system I should look for where I might have more success (hopefully a smaller system)? Also, are these systems difficult to use without known passwords (is there a possibility passwords can be reset or the system defaulted)? If UNIX based, I can generally reset root passwords with physical access. Lastly, does anyone have parts or systems that they would like to sell? I am in the Dallas area.

Any info or advice is greatly appreciated.

xdm,

I have some old service manuals and service CDs for my old ROLM 9751 system that I haven't tossed yet if you're interested. I don't know if they'd be any help, but they might.
I also have a few ROLM phones left: 120, 240, 400.

I'm in NM.

MerlinJ

Hi MerlinJ
Would you be able to share those CD's for to put them on the tonido site here ?
faq965-7883

MerlinJ - you will have to send me a link to those please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back