Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ROLM Phonemail 6.4.3.2 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadOTC

Technical User
Apr 21, 2014
US
Can someone tell me how to save voicemails off this system to some sort of media file by tftp, or some other file transfer method? I've been trying to figure it out all morning, and haven't had any luck yet. Thanks.

Wow. That takes me back quite a few years as I shut mine down for good in 2010. That version of phonemail is basically a 80386-20 PC and it is running a slightly modified version of DOS and is limited in what it can do. I know you can backup all the settings and recorded names to floppy disks, but I'm not sure if you can back up the actual messages - if you could that would probably be a huge number of disks!

I don't know where you are as far as knowledge, but beyond the regular sysadmin login you can also login as tech with a password of field. Please note this is an extremely different command environment and it takes quite a bit of getting used to. There are a lot more low level things you can do in there, including accidentally wiping out your whole system, fixupdatabase, etc so be REALLY careful and don't say I didn't warn you. At the initial prompt you get after you login (it may be a SVI prompt) I believe you hit "c" to connect to the portal. I think you can use the "?" to list the available commands - most of them can be entered by only using enough letters to make it unique. If you want to get the system admin shell you may be more familiar with you can enter something like sysadmsh or something like that. There is one more password level even higher than that but I don't remember what it is anymore.

Sorry, that's the most I can remember, and if you already knew all that - sorry that's the best I can give you.

On 7654 PhoneMail, 7654 PhoneMail SP, or Hicom PhoneMail P systems that
contain an optional DAT drive and have upgraded to Release 6.4.n,
BACKUPSystem now provides the option to back up voice data to DAT.
You may be able to find someone that can find the DAT Option Floppy
and set it up for you, like Blackbox which has some very good Phonemail
support.

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Actually, before V5.3, PM was using the 286 PC MotherBoard only as an active backplane...in V5.3 and later, it was a 386 motherboard (again only as an active backplane)...

The software was NOT DOS..it was OS/2 modified by IBM (of course)...PM never have a way to easily save msgs to an electonic format (wav file, etc). That was done in Xpressions470, its UC replacement which can only be connected to HiPath systems iirc..I do not know any Xp470 systems ever connected to a CBX (TDM) model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back