Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rolm 9751 CBX Error: NO MORE SPACE ON CNFG VOLUME

Status
Not open for further replies.

tphifer

Technical User
Oct 2, 2006
US
Can someone help me understand what the Error message NO MORE SPACE ON CNFG VOLUME means on a Rolm 9751 CBX. I have recieved the error twice, once after trying to create a Hunt Group and once after trying to create an ACD routing table. I am suspicious that the HD is full. Thanks in advance.

Well, there are a couple of things you might be able to do here, but I am venturing into unknown territory a bit. On my system, I buffer the CDR information until I have a chance to do something with it or if I'm doing a special project or something. I don't know if you are processing the CDR data in any way, but if that process has stopped it will begin to take up disk space (only to a certain preset limit though and then it just pushes out the old stuff). If you are not doing anything with the CDR data you can do an ACT-MSW and specify SELGRP = 1 and that may free up some space, or relesae the data. (if you use the RMX port for anything all the data will spew out to that terminal).

The next thing might be if your switch is having a lot of errors and the error database is growing. I do not know how to purge the error history (possibly DEL-HISTA) but you might want to look into that.

As far as I know, the ACD data gets stored on a completely separate disk, so that should not be causing any problems on the main system either.

Beyond that, I have never had this problem so I don't know what to offer you for advice. All the disk partitions are set up when the system is created at the factory and one would assume they are large enough unless you are capturing some kind of data or spooling a bunch of print jobs to a printer that does not exist or soemthing like that.

DO A (FSD X CNFG), THEN (FSD M)AND LET ME KNOW WHAT THE COUNT IS

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I entered both commands and the FSD M returned a count of 0. Does this mean I am out of disk space? Thanks.

donb01 -
I did a LIS CDR and it shows "running" and an output of "list". To my knowledge I am not doing any call detail reporting but if I am, I do not know the output. What will the ACT-MSW and specify SELGRP = 1 do for me? Does it erase or compress data? Thanks again.

tphifer..no you are not out of disk space you have used up
all of the config volume all you have to to do is li cnfg
see what size the volume is and make a new cnfg volumes
1 or 2 sizes bigger and copy your config to that and you
should be good to go.hopes this helps..

strmwalker

a old rolm man working nortel also

Thanks strmwalker. Please excuse me as I am fairly new to the Rolm PBX's and Phonemail. I must not have the proper rights to make those changes. I try to use a LI CNFG however all I have for options are; CNFG_ERRORS, CNFG_NETWORK, CNFG_QUEUE, CNFG_STATUS, & CNFG_USER (this is in the COMMAND mode). If I am in the CLI mode (%) I can use the LIS VOL command and this is what I get:
Volume names TY Dev Size DY-MO-YR HR:MN DY-MO-YR HR:MN
REPQ FS HD HD 1 17-08-99 18:02 17-08-99 18:02
ID = #0
Alias names
ACDREPQ
Extents 0 607 (0)

TRAIL FS HD HD 6 17-08-99 18:02 17-08-99 18:02
ID = #0
Extents 0 2431 (0) 2432 3647 (0)

STF FS HD HD 3 17-08-99 18:09 17-08-99 18:09
ID = #0
Extents 0 1823 (0)

DIAG FS HD HD 1 01-01-70 00:00 01-01-70 00:00
ID = #0
Extents 0 607 (0)

CDR FS HD HD 4 17-08-99 18:10 17-08-99 18:10
ID = #0
Extents 0 1215 (0) 1216 2431 (0)

CNFG_9005.6.84 CN HD HD 4 17-08-99 15:59 17-08-99 16:19
ID = #0
Alias names
CNFG
Extents 0 2431 (0)

The last one looks like the config volume I am needing. It is shown as a size 4. How do I read the rest of the output? Thanks.

ACT-MSW (activate) will tell the system to stop storing your CDR data on disk and "release" it. COLL-MSW (collect) will tell the system to store the CDR data on disk (up to a configured maximum size) until it is later called for. STOP-MSW will stop it altogether if you don't use it.

However it looks like I was right about being on the wrong track if it really is your config volume being too small, but I have never done the procedure he is talking about, nor do I know how to do it - I have never run up against that problem, but my biggest system only has about 1000 devices configured on it so I may not be big enough. I also have a model 30 that has close to 300 devices on it and I haven't run up against the problem there either. I don't understand how the system would come without enough room for adequate expansion, but I have had systems where there have been limits on the number of certain kinds of devices, groups, trunks, consoles and the like, and I have changed those parameters with no problem, but this is something different.

In my unix/linux experience, the word "volume" is generally synonymous with a disk partition, and something about messing with disk partitions on a system in service, especially the first time, doesn't give me a high level of excitement!!

Do you have any manuals about Hard Disk Housekeeping.
If not here is a short fix
1.DEMOUNT VOL CNFG
2.EXPAND VOL CNFG_XXXX.X.XX 1
3.MOUNT VOL CNFG_XXXX.X.XX CNFG

YOUR FSD SHOULD BE KEPT ABOVE 200

tphifer...perrypj is right on the money you want to demount
expand and mount vo cnfg xxxx.x.xx in your case it would
look like this DEMOUNT CNFG_9005.6.84
EXPAND CNFG_9005.6.84 1 MOUNT CNFG_9005.6.84 CNFG

HOPE THIS HELPS
strmwalker

Thank you strmwalker and perrypj for the help. One last question before I try this. Is this an action that is service interruptable and would you recommend that it take place during off hours? Thanks again, this really helps me out.

Travis

tphifer...you can do it anytime you like...that will get you to where you can do move adds and changes.but there will be a time that you will need to do a backup and build
to fix everything to put it on a clean slate.i have that info if you need it its is something that keeps the 9751
running good and last long time love my ROLMS.

hopes this helps

strmwalker

I'LL GO LONG WITH STRMWALKER, IF YOU NEED ANYTHING I HAVE A COMPLETE SET OF MANUALS IN PDF FORM

strmwalker and PERRYPJ, Thanks for the help. I am very interested in more material on the Rolm 9751 and how to backup and buil on the system. I have some general configuration manuals and administration guides for the 9751. How can I get this information and a copy of the manuals in PDF form? Thanks again, this has been very helpful. =)

I am an old Rolm guy too:
The latest software 9005.6.84 simplifies your CNFG vol maintenanc pretty much. First, in CNFG (at the COMMAND: prompt) type list auto to see if you are doing regular backups of the CNFG.
To solve your problem of cnfg vol space you can simply type in (in CLI ) during slow time, because this will not affect call processing except for saving or getting speed dials (REP DIAL or station speed)
DEMOUNT VOL CNFG
EXPAND VOL CNFG_9005.6.84 1.
MOUNT VOL CNFG_9005.6.84 CNFG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back