Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ROLM 9751-9005 CNFG Command

KillerDonuts27

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2024
Wisconsin - United States
Good day, everyone.

I am part of a new IT team (none of us have been here more than a year) at a company that has been through multiple owner changes in the last 5 years. There is no documentation on anything, and we are essentially starting from scratch documenting everything we find/learn.

We have an old phone system (Rolm CBX Model 50, 9030A, Release 9005.6.84) that we have one page worth of documentation on from the previous IT teams. The documentation only shows how to change an extension's user's name. I found an old manual (unopened) called Rolm 9751 CBX Release 9005/9006m CLI Reference Manual, and on page 3-78 (section 3.63) it says "Within this mode, commands are provided for you to use to configure a system. For instructions on how to use these commands, refer to the 9751 CBX Configuration Manual Release 9005. No CNFG commands are listed or explained in this manual.". This is where the problem lies for us. We do not own the configuration manual but we need to learn the commands associated with the CNFG command.

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the configuration manual or have a list of the CNFG commands? We have looked for a combined total of nearly 10 hours and have found nothing on-site or online.

Hi KillerDonuts27!

I have all of the manuals available in PDF form and would be happy to share them with you. I can send you a link for download. I would also be happy to help with any questions you might have. I'm going to send you a message on another platform that supports direct messages.

There is a pdf - not sure how much info is on it - check the FAQ here and then go to GigaTribe as described in the FAQ

HFA SIP OpenScape OpenStage iSDX Realitis HiPath DX Rolm 9600 Hicom OSB Software Downloads​

Hi KillerDonuts27!

I have all of the manuals available in PDF form and would be happy to share them with you. I can send you a link for download. I would also be happy to help with any questions you might have. I'm going to send you a message on another platform that supports direct messages.
Awesome! I appreciate it a lot! Let me know what I need to do or what platform I should expect your message on.

Thanks!

There is a pdf - not sure how much info is on it - check the FAQ here and then go to GigaTribe as described in the FAQ

HFA SIP OpenScape OpenStage iSDX Realitis HiPath DX Rolm 9600 Hicom OSB Software Downloads​

Awesome! Thank you. I will try that out. I appreciate it!

I sent you a message on Reddit.

Awesome! I appreciate it a lot! Let me know what I need to do or what platform I should expect your message on.

Thanks!
Hi XDM - can you please share with me so as I can put them on the shared file system for everyone - thank you

Hi XDM - can you please share with me so as I can put them on the shared file system for everyone - thank you
Sure! I would be glad to. I will send you a file share link. I just noticed that I can "Start Conversation" with you. Until now, I thought there was no way to direct message on this forum.

Interesting a Mod 50 is still in operation. If you have some good 3.5" diskettes on hand one command you may want to do is (I think.. just from memory) COPY BACKUP CNFG_9005.6.84. which will backup the configuration to the diskettes. Depending on the CNFG size, it may be more than one diskette. Also back up the Core Image which would definitely require 10+ diskettes, I don't recall that command.

If the CNFG backup is more than one diskette, you still may be able to get away with one by doing a compressed CNFG backup, that can also be scheduled to run repeatedly, such as weekly.

Last edited:

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back