Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rollovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madelief

Programmer
Apr 6, 2002
FR
I need some help! In the css style box I have designated different colors to a:hover, a:link and a:visited. When I preview, some work sometimes, others never work and yet some seem to be ok all the time. I've uploaded my website but also on the Internet it gives the same trouble. Anybody any suggestions?

hey madelief,
Hmm i dont know exactly whats wrong...have you created a:link, a: hover, a:active and a:visited within your style sheet? Ensure that you have set the links up correctly

<a href=&quot;
Also check that if you are linking to an external style sheet that the path is correct?

give me more information on how you set the CSS up- is it embedded within the <head> or is it external and on how the links do not function if poss.

Madelief,
Have you set up a:link, a:active, a:hover and a:visited correctly? Ensure also that you have your links set up correctly <a href=&quot;#&quot;>link </a>

Are you linking to an external style sheet? Check that the path to the CSS is correct.

Can you provide more information? if the CSS is embedded within the <head> paste it til we look at it. Provide more info on why u think the links are not working correctly if poss....

thanx

Dear Wverner,

I am not linking to an external stylesheet, I have used Dreamweaver to design the website. In the css stylebox I have defined the colors for the rollovers, yes they are in the head tag. The work fine when I preview in the browser but after I've put the site on the internet, they are not working. Maybe you want to check it out on
Thanks so much for your response, I hope I will be able to find out what is going on.

Madelief

the order is
link
visited
hover
active
if the style sheet is NOT in this order it will get messed up Ranjan
I earn because I learn

Ranjan,

Thanks, I am going to try to see if that has been the problem. I might get back with you. I love your site, pretty innovative.

Madelief

Madelief,
Yeah look at the order bluranj has given. With the <style> </style> change it to link visited hover active...i created a CSS quickly...

<style type=&quot;text/css&quot;>
<!--
a:link { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; line-height: normal; color: #CC0000; text-decoration: none}
a:visited { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; line-height: normal; color: #666600; text-decoration: none}
a:hover { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; color: #3333FF; text-decoration: underline}
a:active { font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; color: #66CCCC; text-decoration: none}
-->
</style>

This should work for you know? let us know....!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back