Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rollover problems in Mozilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpm8

Programmer
Dec 14, 2004
US
Hi folks.

I've got a couple of functions that resize my frames when they are moused over. They go like this.

function go(){
document.getElementById("framereport").cols="10%,90%";
}
//--></script>
<script language="JavaScript"><!--
function go2(){
document.getElementById("framereport").cols="60%,40%";
}
//--></script>

Here's where we use them.

<frame src="******" name="right" scrolling="YES" toolbar="no" onMouseOver="go();">

<frame src="******" name="right" scrolling="YES" toolbar="no" onMouseOver="go2();">

This is supposed to resize the frames once they are rolled over. It works fine in netscape and internet explorer. But in mozilla, if i wanted to change the frame size, it'll only change if the mouse is over it WHILE it is in the process of loading.

Any Suggestions?
Thanks,
D

it doesn't appear that [tt]onmouseover[/tt] is even a valid event for frames. in fact, i don't see any events listed for frames. you might need to do this in the [tt]<body>[/tt] tag of the encapsulated html page.

*cLFlaVA
----------------------------
[tt]a frickin' twelve-gauge, what do you think?[/tt]
[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.coryarthus.com/[/url]
[banghead]

Are the frames all in the same domain? It may be a security restriction.

Hope this helps,
Dan

[tt]D'ya think I got where I am today because I dress like Peter Pan here?[/tt]
[banghead]

Well, as far as i've seen, onMouseOver is an acceptable javascript event for frames. It works great in IE and Netscape.

It won't work to put it into a body because this code is coming from a frameset.

i am aware that you're using a frameset.
it is not impossible to put something like this in your right column's page:

Code:
<body onmouseover="parent.getElementById('framereport').cols = '60%, 40%';">

anyway, it was just a suggestion.

*cLFlaVA
----------------------------
[tt]a frickin' twelve-gauge, what do you think?[/tt]
[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.coryarthus.com/[/url]
[banghead]

I tried it out and it didn't seem to work. Thanks for the suggestion, though. It seems like after the frames are loaded in mozilla, they just lock into place.

what kindof worked was we put this:
Code:
<body onmouseover="parent.document.getElementById('framereport').cols = '60%, 40%';" onmouseout="parent.document.getElementById('framereport').cols = '90%, 10%';">
in our left frame. So it worked, but there's a grey area between the left frame and the right frame that is the scroll bar and it does a pretty nasty looking stutter step. But thanks for shoving me in the right direction.

Any more suggestions to clear that stutter step up will help.
D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back