Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rollover name popups over photos like Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderartist

Technical User
Apr 7, 2009
US
I would like to know how in GoLive CS2 I can place my mouse over a person's face in group photo and have their name popup like is done in FaceBook. any help appreciated.

thanks,

If you select an image on one of your web pages in GoLive then look in the inspector you'll find a place to enter alt text. Whatever you enter here is the text that will pop-up.

You'll see this when using Internet Explorer, however that's not the standard way to do it, so browsers that follow the standards like Firefox won't show that pop-up text. If you want it to pop-up in all browsers you need to do as follows:

Select your pic from one of the web pages in GoLive and switch to source view. You'll see the image code high-lighted and look like this:
< img="dirpath/pic.jpg" width="60" height="60" alt="person name">

Notice the alt="person name". This is what you entered in the inspector and is what IE will show. For other browsers you need to add title="person name" so it looks like this:
< img="dirpath/pic.jpg" width="60" height="60" alt="person name" title="person name">

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back