Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rogue System Port 8080 conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeWhoRoams

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2005
US
I have epo 3.5
and I am NOT running rogue agent detection.

But rogue system detection is still taking port 8080, and the box to change this is blacked out.

my IIS service is using port 8080, and the conflict is prevent a business critical application from starting.

So I have to restart the services in the right order.
Is there anyway I can change the port that rogue system uses?

There doesn't appear to be a way to disable past the way it is now

I think you're only supposed to do it through a reinstall. That'll be McAfee's story anyway.

I thought the settings might be in %programfiles%\Network Associates\epo\3.5.0\db\server.ini but it looks like they're in the ServerInfo table of the database.

Stop all ePO services, backup your database, change the RSD ports and then fire everything up again.

Since you're not even using the rogue system detection I can't see what harm it would to. Don't come crying to me if it breaks it though! ;-)

You can always disable the rogue system detection service that may do what you want to have happen.

It is already disabled, but the port is still occupied.

I'm not sure if bringing down EpO is what I want to do, since its basically our DMZ.

but it is an annoying problem I want to get fixed.
There is no way to simply change the port? perhaps through a config file?

I don't see it in the config files, no. See my post above for instructions on changing it in the ePO database.

Thanks I'll see about giving that a try after hours

Do you think I meant you need to bring the server down or something? I'm only talking about the epo services.

8080 is standard Tomcat port.
You can disable Rogue by stoping McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 3.5.0 Discovery & Notification services. Then try edit one of this files:

%NAI_Dir%\ePO\3.5.0\Tomcat\webapps\snowcap\WEB-INF\classes\SnowcapServer.properties

this is configuration file for Rogue Server aplication

or

%NAI_Dir%\ePO\3.5.0\Tomcat\conf\server.xml

this is Tomcat server configuration file.

I think it can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back