Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rockwell PCI Modem Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARCITS

Programmer
Apr 4, 2002
GB
Here's the story.

I have a 56k PCI modem manuafctured by Dynamode.
The ID on the chips is:
11229-14 9845 B67061-8 and
R6785-62 9845.B70985-3

I ran a utility I dowloaded from the Connexant website and the Modem was identified as ROCWELL HCF DATA/FAX/REMOTE TAM

the problem is that it is not recognised by Windows 98 as a PCI communications device and when I try various drivers manually it doesn't work.

I know I need a modem enumerator as well as a driver but I can't seem to find a setup program that installs both.

I think the modem is on COM2 but I'm not sure (is this the internal PCI slot?) The PC is an old P75 and has a mouse plugged into the small serial port. The large serial port is LPT1 (printer?)

Is this a software or hardware modem?

Any help appreciated as I am getting annoyed with it now!
This type of problem haunts me and I have even been known to just buy a new modem card because of the hassle!

thanks!

Some pc's have the com ports disabled in their BIOS.

Normally the serial mouse is placed om com 1 and the modem on com 4.

You should check out they have all sorts of drivers.

Sjakie

----------
Yes, the world is full of strange people.

I LOST MY MODEM SOFTWEAR AND I UNSTAL MY WIN 98 THEN REINSTAL IT AGAIN WITHOUT BACKING UP MY FILES NOW I CAN LUG ON THE INTERNET BCAUSE MY WIN 98 DOESN'T RECONIZE MY MODEM I THINK IT IS A ROCKWELL MODEM BUT I'M NOT SURE I TOOK OFF THE MODEM FROM THE MODERBOARD BUT ALL WHAT I FOUND WAS SOME LETTERS AND NUMBERD. PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME. THANK YOU

Somewhere on your card the manufacturer is mentioned. Or a logo.

The letters and numbers can be found using google. You can retreive more information about your modem this way.

Also you can go to a store where you bought it, if you know the store you maybe you cna find the box or receipt at home (in the attic or so).

Sjakie

---------------------------------------------

I downloaded a Rockwell driver for an HCF 56K Data Fax PCI modem. After unzipping into 7 files into the suggested TEMP folder on the hard drive, I commenced to run the SETUP program; at which time I received the message that the wizard could not run that program unless it had logged on as the System Administrator.

Since there is no password prompt on this desktop, I assumed that it has Sys. Admin. rights.????

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Terry

What Operating System do you use?

If it is winXP, it does not have to. In your configuration you can change the user settings. Try to do this first before installation. Check if the current user has admin rights. If not, change it.

Sjakie

---------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back