Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rockwell Modem installation problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottJackson

Technical User
Oct 19, 2004
GB
I'm having a problem with an installation. I can't get my computer to detect my modem. When I go to system in the control panel and check the properties of the modem, a window pops up and says 'Error, Cannot read port registry'. Is this the cause of my problem? Maybe a problem with the modem? I have an old LT Win modem as back up and it works fine for the internet, but won't work with winfax. The Rockwell modem is an RLDL56DPF (M1-5614PM3).

I would very much appreciate any help.

Thank you,
Scott Jackson

No I Get "Connection to members.cnx.net is not permitted"?? is that big brother at my end?

M1-5614PM3 High speed fax modem (internal PCI), have conflicts with SVGA S364V+. If modem insert in PCI slot, video card doesn't work. What can I do?

Hi

I seem to be having the same problems installing my Rockwell modem as Scott was having.

My modem does not have jumpers.

This problem seems to have been got around before by installing the modem on a COM2 port on a different interrupt.

However although I know how to create/configure a port in Windows NT, I'm not sure how it's done in Windows '95 because it doesn't have the same options in Control Panel.

I went to Add New Hardware and added a second communications port. Then I went to Device Manager and tried to change the configuration, but a message pops up and tells me I can't change it.

Aaaargh! I hate Windows '95!

Keith Edwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back