Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rockwell modem download speed - Is 2-3 kps unusual???

Status
Not open for further replies.

boggle

Technical User
Jul 31, 2000
AU
Hi,<br><br>I currently have a Rockwell 56k internal modem in my HP pavillion PIII 500. I am finding that when I download text files or MP3's (ie any file) I am downloading at a rate of 2-3 kps ?? Is this usual for a normal telephone line??<br><br>I have looked at transfer rates for internet browsing and I am getting 28.8 kps....<br><br>Muchly Apreciated<br><br>Dumbfounded in Australia

check my answer in general modem discussion <p>Ladin<br><a href=mailto:matchu_14@hotmail.com>matchu_14@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>Tech support for 1 1/2 years, build computers, messed with C, HTML, Working on Flash, Role-Playing Game Junkie (Diablo2)

Hi Boggle

I have the same PC as you, the HP PAvilion 500 and I have the same problems.

The maximum speed my modem can reach is 28800.

If someone knows how to improve the transfer rate to 56k or near that, I will appreciate it.

Thanks [sig][/sig]

I HAVE A COMPAQ 5690 WITH ROCKWELL V90DSL DATA FAX PCI MODEM I can only get 24000 a dell on same line is getting 46000 how can I improve my speed

For those of you with Compaq, PB, or HP computers, there's only ONE really good answer.
Pull the modem out, desolder the chips on it, and make jewelry. Then go out and buy a good hardware modem.
Lots more for you to read:
Cheers,
Jim
reboot@pcmech.com
Moderator at Staff at Windows 9x/ME instructor.
Jim's Modems:

i have a modem rockwell model. RLVDL56DPF/SF THE PROBLEM MY COMPUTER WAS CRUSH THE HARD DISK AND ALSO LOOSE THE DRIVER OF MODEM INTERNAL 56K ROCKWELL RLVDL56DPF/SF. I HAS WHAT SITE I GET THE DOWN LOADING DRIVER FOR MY MODEM.
THANK YOU....

the problem with rockwell modem is that they are bad.
i had one in a tiny PC and it nwvwr connected at any thing like 56k. when i went to download drivers for it there wasnt one.so i went out and got a diamone and it works very well.i connect at 46k to 48k.Only when i run windows 2000 it will connect at 56/57k.

Hope this help's
Doc

hola, por favor necesito el driver para poder configurar la tarjeta modem rockwell RVC336ACF/SP, tengo una packard bell multimedia M415.
Agradecere tu atención
Gracias..
Syspac

I Have a Rockwell V90 External Data/Voice Modem and I gather from your comments they are crap!

What would you recommend changing to?

Huh? Nobody ever said an external is crap!
We're referring to internal winmodems. Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back