Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rockwell HSF 56K Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

smichael

Technical User
Feb 6, 2002
US
Everytime I try to connect to the internet using my dial-up I always get the error message that the computer I am dialing into will not answer. Is this a problem with my modem, my settings or my internet provider?? Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated as I have had this problem for months and this is a new computer. Thank you.

smichael, This could be a problem with any of the things you listed. You should call your ISP support for help with this if you are still having a problem.

After 2 weeks of only mild to moderate use, my new Rockwell began having the same symptoms. I then thoroughly inspected the modem to find a flaw where the phone connection port is soldered onto the board, causing a short. Perhaps if you closely examine yours, you just may find such a short. In my case, the "solder" was nearly one big lump between the two pins that were shorted, although a less obvious short could be identified by an unusual coloration, in contrast to the surrounding circuitry of the card. Regards, AutoCADguy

P.S. This is assuming, of course... that you were not planning to perform a continuity check, and/or rule out the possibilities of a plethora of software problems.

a conclusion is what we reach, when we are tired of thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back