Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rockwell HCF 56K Speakerphone PCI Modem connections problems -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi, can anyone help.
I have the above modem and it gives me connections problems. It connects normally to the net but after about few minutes it stopd receiving. Although it appears to remain connected, the connections icon very seldom flashes and there is infact no connection to any website. After few second if not minutes of this, it disconnects. Sometimes it is enough to reconnect once, sometimes it repeats the same problem over and over again.
Also,the time it takes to connect is quite long compared to most other modems I have seen.
When it works though it works fine at a connection between 48K and 50.3K.
Can anyone help? Has anybody experienced the same problem?

I am not a computer expert, rather a good informed user, so please be gentle with the technical mambo jambo.
Thanks
Fury

It's most likely connecting too fast.
I know this all sounds stupid, but if it's too fast, data can't be sent or recieved without errors and too many errors cause it to stop all together. It's calle a lack of throughput.
The way to fix it is to actually slow it down a bit.
In the extra settings box of Advanced modem properties in device mangler, put this: +MS=V90,1,,,,46000
If you still have problems, drop the number to 44000, and so on, until you have a stable connection. Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

try putting +MS=V34,0,19200,24000,19200,24000 into the modem setup string

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back