Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Robocopy Syncronization

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownzie

Programmer
Aug 5, 2002
US
I have a question in regards to the robocopy product. I want to Syncronize a directory between two servers. I do not want to copy from one over to the other. I want this to see all the new and changed items on both sides and sync them up. Is this realistic with Robocopy or do I need a more robust tool to handle this opperation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Brownzie

Works very well. Robocopy will test for file date and length, so if the content of the file has been changed, but not the length or the filedate, there could be problems. Use the /L option to compare two dirs.

We use Data Replicator from purenetworking.net. It does the trick :)

Thanks mousseman and asmith1972.

I decided to use the Robocopy utility and do a bi-directional sync. I did this by comparing one dir to the other and then only copying the new and changed items to destination DIR. Then I turned around and did the same in the other direction which keeps both DIR'S mirrored.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back