Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Robo-real to VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnsolvedCoding

Technical User
Jul 20, 2011
US
I am working on a project that mixes Robo-realm with VBA. Does anyone know what language Robo-realm works in and how to make VBA use goto commands in a sub routine?

According to the Wiki page for RoboRealm, you can script in VBScript, Python, and CScript. I have no experience with it, so I can't confirm this.

So far as the "GoTo" question, you can use something like this:

Code:
'GoTo instructions pointing to Label1
GoTo Label1:

' Actual label you are pointing to.
Label1:

Note that you can't use GoTo across subs or functions though, and you will need to actually address the sub/function after the label if that is what you are wanting to do.

Let me know if that helps,
PS

For some reason Robo-realm won't acknoweldge the goto command and I am also trying to get it into VBA instead of VB or else run cameras straight from VBA. If possible I want to do it in Excel so that the ability to create and use tables is immediate. Also newer computers aren't don't always have Access so that can't be used.

GoTo isn't part of VBScript language...

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Roborealm does not have VBA. However you can download the Roborealm API COM DLL, which will allow you to control Roborealm from any VBA host. This page has a link to API examples, including the COM DLL

The biggest problem is that I am trying to clean up poorly written code and none of the others on the team have any programing experience. However, they are not showing me all the code, only the VB script so I can't give totally straight answers on what will happen, only my best guess.

There was a deal of talk about flipping to VBA and there are problems with motor stutter. The motor stutter has to do with not saving the variable on exit, but at this point I don't know which version of VB is being run. It must be an earlier version because several websites are showing more current versions of VB supporting goto commands.

For reasons of centralizing code into a basic language that is fairly easy for others to follow I am working on a way to convert code to VBA. It looks like the API that strongm pointed out will be the best bet.

Just for clarity (hopefully): VBA has Goto, but Roborealm does not host VBA, it has VBscript. VBscript does not have Goto. (And VB is another beast altogether).

It is possible to control Roborealm from VBA in a different application (such as any of the Office programs) or from a VB program - as long as you have the API COM DLL as previously mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back