Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Robbed-Bit DS1 Passing ANI? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

criling

Technical User
Feb 15, 2006
US
Hi,

I have a line-side DS1 going to a telephony card in a server that is running IVR software. The DS1 isn't part of a trunk group, and it's using robbed-bit signaling. RBS passes ANI by nature doesn't it? Or do I have to configure an ISDN trunk group? I'm trying to get the server to see ANI for the incoming calls...

Thanks,
Chris

I don't think you can get ANI with robbed-bit T1's. We are in the process of replacing ours with PRI's.

You can. Go to page 2 of the trunk group form and look for "incoming dtmf".

-CL

It is not part of a trunk group, it is just one single DS1 with the channels as agents in a skilled hunt group. It needs to be in a group? I can't have these channels be members of the trunk group and stations at the same time right?

I think your real question is "can a ds1fd stations receive ani?" and the answer is no.

-CL

In that case, is there a better, more technically correct way I should've configured it then?

I have IVR’s hung off my PBX using DS1FD station on a robbit-bit DS-1 each channel is assigned an Agent ID. In my vector, I queue calls to the IVR using the converse-on command passing DNIS, and ANI. We use the ANI for account verification. The IVR get the ANI just fine.

That worked like a champ, I didn't have it written into the vector. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back