Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

roaming profiles on an NT4 network

Status
Not open for further replies.

bchizary

Technical User
Aug 28, 2003
GB
hello i am setting up exchange 5.5 on an NT4 box. client pcs are outlook 2k on various 95/98/XP machines- however on many of they more than one person uses it depending on shifts (early/late/nights etc)
Is it possible to access you email using imap based on your sign on, or be prompted for a sign on when entering Outlook?
So in theory i could access my mails on any pc on the network and so can everyone else.

thanks mucho
benc

setup outlook so that on startup it prompts for a profile to be used (tools - options - mail services). you can create many profiles on one pc and whoever logs on selects their profile from the dropdown box. that's what we do anyway.

hi, just ref the post from jimm7772, is it possible for that to then prompt for a password?

bchizary,

sorry for the delay in replying - try setting the Logon Network Security properties of the outlook client (Advanced tab)to None this prompts for a password (i think - we don't use this we insist our users to logon to nt first)

Merry Christmas !

hi- thanks i got sorted on this- i set it to prompt every time, and it checks who is signed on is the person set to be primary user for for that mailbox, which is perfect!

thanks again ya all

BenC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back