Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

roaming profiles group polisy

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonun

IS-IT--Management
Dec 26, 2001
US
I want to set up roaming profiles for everyone in the domain. Since there are a lot of users I want to set it as a group policy.
What are the steps involved.
Normally if I want to do it without a group policy, then I would,
Create the share on your server.
Edit a user account to specify a Roaming Profile.
So, how do I do it with group policy.
Please advise.
Thanks.

thanks that sure looks helpful

steveNY, could you also provide me further links/resources which explain how to do other cool/not-so-cool stuff in MS. That link was indeed very useful.
Thanks again.

The best overall area of the Microsoft site is probably Technets Products and Technologies section.

Just out of curiousity....why do want roaming profiles??? I'm only asking because I've been taught that roaming profiles were EVIL. We had them implemented for awhile but the log on and log off time was sooooooooooooo long that it started to upset people.

I wanted roaming profiles so that each user gets the same desktop settings irrespective of where he logs from.
But, I have heard of what you say before.

So, what kind of situation do you think deserves roaming policy implementation and when not ??

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back