Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

roaming profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

racy

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2002
BR
Hi There,

I have a network print (canon) and 400 computers with 2000 users using those computers. To give access to that printer, I created a local print pointing to the canon's ip address. Then, any user can login and use that print. The problem is ... every new user that login in a computer, the printer driver comes with its default values and I have to change the values.

Can I put a print in a roaming profile and point every users in the same profile ?

I already tried to do that, the roaming profile came with the desktops ... etc, but the printers didn't. Did I forget a step ?

Instead of using a profile, Is It best to use a group police ? Can a group police be used to do that task ?

We are in a Windows 2000 environment with the Active directory and the group police enabled ....

Thank you in advance ...

Racy

If u install the printer as a network printer and not as local u won't have that problem :)
About the roming profiles i don't think there is a workaround..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back