Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Roaming profile update fails from Virtual PC 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelunaboy

Programmer
Jun 26, 2002
US
I'm testing the use of Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 to run a legacy application on a Windows 2000 virtual machine. The OS is running fine as is the legacy application. The problem occurs when my domain user with a roaming profile logs off, the error "...cannot update your roaming profile...access is denied"

Logging in is fine, the profiles load without error from the server. The domain user for the virtual machine and the host computer have security to the profile. Windows firewall is off on the host XP computer and on the server where the profiles are stored. When used on a 'real' PC the problem doesn't occur.

I'm out of ideas and fishing for a clue.

Thanks in advance
Alan

A silly question but have you used mandatory roaming profiles? if you haven't and are logged on in more than one location you're going to have issues. I would suggest that the only way you could test it would be to log onto the physical machine with a different account.. local admin perhaps? and try logging onto the virtual with your own account.

Simon

The real world is not about exam scores, it's about ability.

No not using mandatory roaming profiles, however the test users is only logged onto one computer, the virtual one.

As the test user I am able to R/W to that users profile folder, and the profile was created. I'm gonna blast the profile folders an see what happens when they are recreated by the test user on the V-machine.

This is bugging me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back