Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Roaming profile problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryWK

Technical User
May 15, 2002
GB
I am testing a roll out of Win2000 pro on 5 machines. We have two NT4.0 sp6a servers. All the other clients are Win98. I have setup roaming profiles and logon scripts for the users on one of the NT4.0 servers. Only one win2000 machine is able to use the default user profile and the logon script from the NT4.0 server when a new user logs on. The other four machines are not using the default user profile and are not running the logon scripts when a new user is created or when existing users log on.

Any ideas?

Are these new users you've set up for win2000?
On the one that works - all users correctly log on. On the other 4, all users incorrectly log on. Is this correct?
How are these user profiles set up (eg, are they mandatory, all using the same, or configurable, all different. Did you copy a default user profile folder from one of win2k machines as basis?)

Thanks for replying but I think the panic's over. The problem seems to have been a network one. As a test I changed the port on the hub that the server is plugged into and bingo, they are all now running the logon scripts and creating new users based on the defualt profile.

Thanks again.

Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back