Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Roaming between more than 1 D100 Basestations

Status
Not open for further replies.

koulioumbis

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2009
GR
Hello Team.
I have a requirement from a customer that needs to add mobility to IP Office at a small site.
I have used many times the D100 base station with the D160 wireless handset but never more than one per installation.
Documentation says that up to 4 D100 can be installed on the same system plus the needed repeaters.
Can someone confirm if a D160 user is registered to D100 number one can roam and continue an active call to the second third or forth D100 that are installed on the same network? same question for the registration of the users.
Can a user that is registered to D100 number one go in the coverage area of the other D100's and continue to be registered without getting out of range messages?

It seems that the D100 with D160 handsets is a good dect solution for a small site instead going to the R4 Dect system.

Thank you.

Nikos

A D100 with up to 4 repeaters can be used for roaming within there range area.

If you have another D100 in another building you can’t roam between them.

Your phone is registered to the single D100
If you have another one in another area then your phone will have to be registered to it.

There is no roaming between them

thanks Snowman50 , the case is a single building but with need for large coverage.
and i need to have around 15 users on dect handsets.
so in this case the only way is to go with R4 dect?

Nikos

koulioumbis
your solution would probably not be the D100 and D160 but a WiFi phone if you have WiFi coverage in the area.

The D1xx system is one of those devices that work great in some applications but are not doing well in others.
I just replaced 2 of them with a non-Avaya WiFi phone rather than adding repeaters and stretch the range mainly because the phones were already 6 years + in age and pretty beaten up.

the licensing + the hardware was less than a new D160 and the repeaters would have been.

If you do not have WiFi coverage then it still might be an option to put the money into the WiFi rather than the D1xx parts that are not guaranteed to be there for a lot longer seeing what Avaya is doing.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back