Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RMO base knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

veroL

Programmer
Jan 10, 2003
FR
Hello,
I have a few questions about RMO:
- about thresholds: What does "global thresholds" mean? What's the use of it? I don't understand.
It is said in the online documentation that "automatical thresholds" are automatically calculated by RMO after several days of data collection. Is there a way to know that number of days? Is it possible to change it?

- about alarms: when RMO generates an alarm because a threshold is exceeded, does this alarm automatically appear in the unicenter TNG "console log" window or do i have to configure something first?

Thank you in advance

Véronique

As far as I can remember in the version I worked with (propably not the latest) I found the procedures to calculate these thresholds in the SQL tables under the stored procedures. I can't remember if there was anything on the scheduling of these procedures however.
Maybe you can check it out yourself.

CU

There are 3 kinds of thresholds
1.Manual
2.Automatic
3.Global
If u use global thresholds for a certain parameter, u can change its value across all the objects using a single action.It is not the case for manual thresholds where u need to go to each and every object (routers etc.) and change the value..
Automatic thresholds are calculated by RMO itseld based on the past values obtained.e.g. If the past values have never increased more than 5% then if the value crosses that point..u will get a warning alert.
Based on the past experience u better make everything global and then set the thresholds..

Cheers
Avinash (India)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back