Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RM fully applied items show on MC aged trial balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

lw2327

Technical User
Nov 9, 2010
CA
We currently have 3 customers with fully applied documents appearing on the MC Historical Aged Trial Balance (and also on the Aged Trial Balance with Options). Originating currency (USD) balance is $0; functional balance is = to the gain/loss for the SOP document in MC020104.

I've tried check links, reconcile, unapply/reapply (which usually works). The items have been moved to history using Paid Transaction Removal, but were unapplied using the Professional Services Tools Library to see if unapply/reapply would fix the problem.

I could try removing the gain/loss from MC02104 to see if that works, but am wondering if there are other related tables that need to be updated too? Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Year end is approaching and I'd like to remove the items from the TB before the audit to avoid audit concerns.

I would check to see if any of the current transaction amounts on the documents have more decimal places than your currency setup shows. There might be fractions of pennies left on them and that could be why they are showing on some reports - as SQL stores 5 decimal places for all currency fields.

Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2010
Use Crystal Reports and SSRS with GP:
blog:

Hi Victoria,

Thanks for the suggestion and I will check that on the one customer who's amounts look like they should be cleared. The other 2 customers have functional balances of (170) and (196) and originating balances of $0. The FX amounts didn't clear during the apply process and the transactions still show on the HATB even after the Remove Paid Transaction process is run.

I'm just wondering if I can remove those Gains/Losses from only the MC01204 table or if there is somewhere else I need to remove them from. I'm going to take a backup and try it out in our TEST environment.

Regards,
Lisa

Hi Lisa,

If everything else looks ok and those balances should just be 'removed', maybe an easier solution would be to do a write off under Tools > Routines > Sales ? Write Off Documents? If the GL should not be hot, you can either delete or reverse the GL entries created by this. Just keep an eye on your AR to GL reconciliation so it doesn't get messed up by this. I would personally prefer doing this inside GP over messing with the tables.

Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2010
Use Crystal Reports and SSRS with GP:
blog:

Hi Victoria,

I've never used the Write-off feature; it will be useful when we need to clear out small amounts.

Unfortunately, it this case it doesn't work. I tried both over & under payments with the limit set at $200 (higher than the originating balances) and no documents were found. I retried using a 5K limit (higher than the SOP invoice amount) and still no documents were found. The invoice is fully paid as is shown by the $0 originating balance so the write-off routine isn't finding anything clear.

Regards,
Lisa

Problem solved! I tried everything in our TEST company first including running reconciliations and paid transaction removals to ensure there were no unexpected/undesired affects.

For 1 of the customers, I used the Professional Services Tools Library to unapply the payment as the document had already been moved to history. I reapplied the payment in the usual way and reconciled the customer after which the HATB was OK.

For the other 2 customers, I had to update the amount in field Total_Gain_or_Loss_on_Cu in MC020104 to correct the functional amount showing on the HATB - in one case I had to remove the entire amount from the field; in the other I just had to reduce the amount by $0.01.

Lisa :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back