Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RLS YEL ALRM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bad69cat

IS-IT--Management
May 28, 2010
US
I keep getting this alrm on my dch 4 up and down like a yo-yo about every 3 sec's or so??? I don't see any counts or troubles on the T1 so what on earth could it be?

is that the only T-1 you have? swap cables with one next to it if you can. See if it stays on port or follows the telco coming in.

Mato' Was'aka

Typically a yellow alarm indicates the problem is at the equipment end, but not always. Is this a TMDI card or something else?

If its a yellow alarm it is typically your equipment causing the problem. You might want to start by doing a few sinple things: make sure all connections are tight and cables are in good condition (nothing pinched).
If you have the equipment, try a loop back from the demarc to your own equipment to see if the circuit comes up without resetting as it has been. If it does, the issue may be with the telco, if not, it is your issue.
What type of system do you have? You can try reseating the PRI card, but remember to disable the DCH, the loop and possibly the MSDL card if needed depending on your system, or you could cause your PBX to initialize.

From the PRI Installer Guide.

RED: Red alarm (local alarm)-card or transmission fault
YEL: Yellow alarm (remote alarm)-far end fault

USEFUL FAULTING HINTS FOR UK DASS / PRI CARDS

IF THE TRANSMIT PIPE FROM THE EXCHANGE IS DISCONNECTED....ON THE OPT 11 CARD
WE SEE THE 'OOS' RED LED. LD 75, STAT DDSL XX= ENL IDLE Loss Of Input (LOI).

IF THE RECEIVE PIPE FROM THE EXCHANGE IS DISCONNECTED...ON THE OPT 11 CARD
WE SEE THE 'REMOTE' YELLOW LED.LD 75,STAT DDSL XX=ENL ACTIVE Distant Alarm Indication (DAI)...THEREFORE IF BOTH ARE DISCONNECTED WE END UP WITH 'OOS' RED LED...WITH BOTH LOI & DAI ON LD 75,STAT DDSL.

BY PLACING A COAX LOOP ONTO THE TRANSMIT & RECEIVE FROM THE OPT 11 CARD
ALL THE LEDS RETURN TO 'GREEN'...LD 75,STAT DDSL = ENL STARTING..FOLLOWED BY DTM 303...STAT DDCS= CHANNELS DISABLED...ALSO DTM 300,348,319...PROVING THE FAULT OFF THE SWITCH.....COULD BE A MEGASTREAM / COAX LOOP ON TO THE EXCHANGE LEAVING THE MEGASTREAM DIS TO THE OPT 11.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

No it seems right to me everytime I get a Yellow I call my carrier and 9 out 10 times it is on their end. Now if I show a RED and call them most of the time I end up changing my cable or card itself.

Also got this from another post:

IF YOU HAVE A YELLOW ALARM YOU MOST LIKELY WON'T SEE ANYTHING IN THE LCNT, YELLOW MEANS THAT YOUR TRANSMIT IS NOT MAKING IT TO THE FAR END.
FAR END SEES RED ALARM AND SENDS YELLOW TO YOU, REPORT IT TO TELCO

well, I bounced the DCH's/Loops on both ends adn so far so good....the other day I did see a bunch of frames on the distant end - today I didn't see any errors on either, which is interesting. So if yellow reflects lack of Rx from the dist end, wouldn't it show LOF or something still..? Just trying to make sense of it for next time I run into this......thanks everybody! I'm glad I didn't have to start reseting cards or flipping T1's!! I don't even know how to ID which card has what T1 to be honest - they only hired me to do moves/adds/changes on this, and that's pretty much about the limit of my knowledge outside of a DMS system where I'm more comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back