Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RLI Question 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZOldDog

Technical User
Dec 19, 2009
US
Going through the NPA list in this system I inherited and find that there is no listing for my local area code. Also 800,888 and anything else not requiring a Long Distance charge has no listing.

I know from experimentation that they are going out route 0 which is essentially my Local Digital T-1. RLI 0 is assigned to this trunk group.

So the question is, is the default RLI 0? I believe but can find nothing in writing (or breezed past it) to confirm my belief.

Thanks
Olddog

There is no "default" RLI. Are you sure calls are going through BARS at all?

An RLI is not assigned to a trunk group. However, a trunk group may be one of the choices in a Route "List" Index.

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Have not checked out BARS! Need to do that I guess, Thanks.

For toll free numbers check out your SPN listings, probably in there.

GHTROUT, I did phrase that a bit backwards. That kind of describes my thinking right then also.

tvlr1 and splic3d I wish I knew a way to star you both. It seems my actual rout controlling is done via a mix of NXX, SPN and NPA. There the various codes are assigned to RLI and the RLI are then assigned to the appropriate route.

Thus not thinking about NXX or SPN I went on a sinpe hunt for a "Default Route"!

Thanks All
Old Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back